UPDATE: WIMA GERMANY 2020 RALLY Cancelled due to pandemic
due to the worldwide corona pandemic we cannot guarantee at the moment that WIMA can take place as planned. Nobody knows how the situation will develop in the next weeks. We are trying to arrange new cancellation periods with the hostels and are pushing back expenses as much as possible to keep our risk as low as possible. Your members should do the same with regard to flights / ferries, i.e. push back bookings as far as possible. To reassure you and your members, the rally fees are not due until the end of April. We hope that we will be able to assess the situation better after Easter. Let’s all hope together that the situation will relax quickly and we will all see each other in summer for a wonderful rally in Wilnsdorf.
WIMA Germany is pleased to invite all WIMA members from all around the world to the WIMA International Rally 2020!
Pre-Rally July 23rd to 26th 2020 in Duisburg
Before the International WIMA Rally starts you’ll get the chance to visit the Ruhr Valley (coll. Ruhrpott). You will stay at the Youth Hostel located in the middle of the Duisburg-North Landscape Park which is part of the „Industrial Heritage Trail“. It is a very interesting area with a long industrial history in coal mining and steel production. Since 1985 the mining plants are closed and industrial facilities were remodelled as cultural institutions.
The Landscape Park is open all year round, without time restrictions and admission is free. Highlight of the park is the light installation by the British artist Jonathan Park. https://www.landschaftspark.de/en/leisure-activities/light-installation/The British daily newspaper “The Guardian” chose the park as one of the ten most beautiful urban oases in the world. It´s surprisingly green here, and there´s a lot to experience.
The Youth Hostel is located in the Old Administration Building of the ThyssenKrupp company and today you don´t have to renounce comfort in the historical house! The modern rooms are friendly furnished and equipped with private bathrooms. Bed linen and towels are included.
Youth Hostel “Landschaftspark“ for Industrial Culture, Lösorter Str. 133, 47137 Duisburg
Check in: Thursday, July 23rd2020 from 2 p.m.
Check out: Sunday, July 26th2020 by 10 a.m.
- £245.00 per person in a shared room (121 beds)
- £275.00 per person in a double/twin room (20 beds)
- £305.00 per person in a single room (2 beds)
+ £25,00 surcharge for non-WIMAs
The number of participants is limited to 143 – it is not possible to camp on site.
- Thursday Dinner
- Friday Day trip (coach) to the „Industrial Heritage Trail“ , harbour tour, guided tour to the World Heritage Site ‘Zeche Zollverein’ etc., incl. lunch
- Saturday Barbecue with pleasant surprises
- 3 nights including breakfast at the Youth Hostel
- Parking area for the bikes will be guarded from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Mechanic service for the bikes on site
- Tour suggestions and ideas if you want to discover the area by yourself on bike
- WhatsApp group for further information (if desired)
Additional programme: (booking through registration)
- Torchlight tour: ironwork facilities in the Landscape Park, starts at nightfall with German, Dutch or English speaking guide (£10) click here to see the website in German
- Geocaching (£25 )
- Guided history group tour by bicycle to the site’s industrial historym(24,50 € incl. city bike, 36,50 € incl. e-bike) click here to see the website in German
- Rent a city bike and explore the area on your own (£9/day)(http://www.revierrad.de/preise.php)
- High ropes climbing parkour at casting house 2, starts at 5 p.m., duration 3 h (£80 )
You will find a presentation of the Pre-Rally on Youtube by clicking here
Attention: If a significantly smaller number than calculated register for the Pre-Rally, we reserve the right to cancel it. Keep up to date by visiting our website regularly.
WIMA Rally Jul 27thto Aug 1st2020 in Wilnsdorf
The international WIMA Rally will take place on the grounds of the YMCA Siegerland in Wilnsdorf. It is located in the south west of North Rhine Westphalia. This region is famous for its beautiful landscapes, dark forests and huge river/lake dams. The area is perfect for extended trips by motorbike. You´ll find the Westerwald in the south, Sauerland in the north, the mountains of Rothaargebirge in the east and Bergisches Land in the west. And we are right in the middle of this Central German Uplands!
The Siegerland has a great history in iron ore mining and processing. Early marks are dated back until 500 B.C. when the Celts started to work with iron ore. In 1965 mining in this region ended and all the mines were closed. Well, enough history! Let’s go on with the WIMA facts.
Location WIMA Rally:
Youth Hostel “CVJM-Jugendbildungsstätte” Siegerland, Neue Hoffnung 3, 57234 Wilnsdorf
Phone: +49 2739 895311, email: email@example.com
Arrival: Monday, July 27th2020 from 3 p.m.
Departure: Saturday, August 1st2020 by 12 noon.
Prices (International WIMA Rally):
- £275.00 per person in tent, van, motorhome or extern accommodation
- £330.00 per person in a shared bedroom (2-4 bed rooms)
- 50% discount for children under 15 yrs.
+ £ 5.00 surcharge for arrival on Sunday
+ £50.00 surcharge non-WIMAs
Camping and parking:
The grounds beside the house are wide and there is enough space for camping. For bikes or other vehicles, we have a huge parking area. It is not possible to park beside the tents. Barrows for luggage transfer are at disposal. For vans or motorhomes are some caravan sites with electricity connection available.
In total, there are 144 beds in 47 shared-rooms (2-4 beds) available. Each room with private shower and WC. Bed linen and towels are included.
Daily breakfast is included in the rally price.
The Cafeteria is open daily for supper. They offer different meals and snacks (not included). On Sunday, 26ththe hostel is preparing Chilli con or sin Carne. Price £7 . To be paid in advance with registration fee.
Rally round neck T-Shirt:
Ladies shirt (cm measured at armpit level): XS 40, S 43, M 46, L 49, XL 53, 2XL 57, 3XL 62
Men’s shirt (cm measured at chest level): XS 46, S 50, M 53, L 56, XL 59, 2XL 62, 3XL 66, 4XL 72, 5XL 82
On Tuesday, you can get your T-Shirt personalized with your name or a nickname. If you are interested, please tell us the name you prefer, to organize the patches.
- We will have a “White Night”, so please bring along a white outfit!
- Another evening motto will be “Working underground”. So use your imagination!
- The “Hoodis” (outdoor & adventure education) will engage us on Mondaywith ”Fun in the Woods”. Participation is free of charge but to organise the supervisors we need a registration if you are interested.
- Astrid Althoffmotorradfrau.deis offering various driving trainings on Wednesday.
Half-day training 55 € (8:30-12:30 or 13:30-17:30) full-day training 85 € (8:30-16:30). If interested please get in contact with Astrid directly via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dogs are not allowed on site
Registration will be through National Presidents. The Organising Team will allocate the rooms. We will try hard to fulfil all accommodation wishes but there is no guarantee we will succeed. By March 6that the latest we will provide your NP with information regarding room occupancy and the final rally price for Pre-Rally / Rally participants.
GB Members please note – Deadline for registration to Val Newman is Feb 7th 2020 – email – email@example.com, or posted to arrive on or before 7 February.
Please wait for the confirmation email before making payment to Treasurer Julie. Val will confirm rooms, additional bookings etc. so you can see the exact total amount due. Payment in full must be made by 12 March, to allow Julie to meet Germany’s payment deadline.
Condition of participation:
You will attend the WIMA-Rally / Pre-Rally at your own risk. WIMA-Germany and the Orga-team will deny any liability for any accidents or damages. Participants have their own responsibility under any civil or criminal law.
The personal data (name, etc.) you provide will be used securely by us, the organising team, and used by us only as necessary for managing the WIMA Germany International Rally 2020. All personal data will be deleted within 90 days, after all administrative processes have been completed. If you disagree, we can´t handle your application and you cannot participate.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact your NP. Looking forward to welcome you in July.
WIMA Germany National President